Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Religion is Good

There have been many horrible things to emerge in the faith of god (crusades, Holocaust,9-11...), but all-in-all, religion is actually a pretty benign process that does good. With the belief in god people have a purpose. We have reason to survive and lead a prosperous, meaningful life. I don't think anyone can argue that in fact the 10-commandments are universal laws that should be upheld by all. Whatever the motivation is for people to lead life is acceptable by most standards. (quiet the contrary if you say religion is the driving force into mass murder), but rather individually. Of course I am not mentioning here all the hate that emerges in the face of religion, that will be for next post. Obviously this world would be a different place without the belief in god. I wont comment whether I feel it would be better or worse, probably a little bit of both. I enjoy the thought of people maintaining behavior for the desire to enter heaven. Just because I don't believe it, doesn't mean I want my wallet stolen...If that belief prevents 1 theft, 1 murder, 1 rape, perhaps it is a good thing, for the unknowing victim.

No comments: