Friday, November 14, 2008

Yes, Religion is Necessary!

A life without hope, systems, beliefs, desires, and direction is indeed a poor place. It is certainly not a world in which I would like to live. I enjoy the idea of life after death, eternal direction, and divine intervention…but simply have no evidence for its occurrences. Just because I don’t have the religious direction does not mean it is not true…nor does it mean it is. I think the idea of a god within everyone is a peaceful god, a god I would like to believe in. The inconsistency is too great and the evidence is too lacking for me to fully believe: But that doesn’t mean the science I love can answer everything. What’s more is that religion (other then the radical groups that thrive on killing) is a necessity for our way of life. Too many people have too large of an interest, if their belief would go so too would their peaceful drive. It is largely possible that “we” would resort to our archaic lineage and turn to savage ways… Whether or not there is an external god is irrelevant, it is the one inside you that dictates actions, and that god I personally like to call my conscientious. He is always on my side, and we love each otherJ.

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

See if you can’t glean from this or read between the lines how much I love you. All atheists believe in death - death is a part of life, is it not? While the term 'indelible' does mean 'never ending', thus, we croak, our soul's indelible --- You'll find-out soon enough in the Warning which will come from God. Don't worry. It's only a Warning. Thus, you'll see a picture of Heaven, a horrific picture of Hell, and a picture of Purgatory. God bless you.