Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who to Marry? I dont care.

I recently attended a lecture discuessing how important it is to Marry within your OWN religion. That it is unnecessarily complicating to the children and spouse. Sure, I agree that it is complicating, but is it unnecessary? For those with strict beliefs, there is clear benefit to this self thio-centric stance; but to those who find themselves more “open,” I would argue this is not the case. Perhaps this stems from my current dating situation (with a person of a different culture and religion). I would be lying if I said we never fought about our differences. In fact argument is common, but in the scheme of life these differences are quiet inferior. Compatibility is the foundation to marriage, perhaps some need the religious similarity to embrace compatibility…but as a species, I don’t think it should be seen as an absolute.

No comments: